Friday 14 September 2012

Lardy boi!

So, today I have decided I will not reach the dizzy heights of 77kg again, if I can help it. At this point, I don’t actually know if I am 77kg, but as I weighed 76.6kg on Monday morning, and I have not done a great deal of exercise this week as well as stuffed myself with fish and chips (or at least will have by the time I go to bed) and a bag of choccy raisins (my new favourite sweetie) I am pretty sure I am that massive.

I have managed to start getting back in the gym this week, just the 2 sessions on Tuesday and Friday morning before work. I will continue this as of Monday. Last weekend I attended a gait analysis session run by The Running School, and a top chap called Steiner.
He filmed me running and told and showed me why I keep injuring myself and why I’m likely to cripple myself in the future. In a nutshell – straight legs on landing (on my heels) and twisting shoulders.
You wanna see it? Here you go:


On the Tuesday, Steiner came back and gave us at the club a running master class. I will just say VERY OUCHY! It was an eyeopener I can tell you.
I also have some stretching exercises given to me by Ross (Physio at my gym) to help strengthen my butt cheeks – seriously! Also they will help with my balance. As these stretches and things will take around 45 mins I will be doing them at work, it’s the only time I’ll get a chance.

Trying to get my weight down, or more precisely my body fat levels down, I will be getting stuck into my running again starting with a run to work on Sat morning in which I will do the things Steiner has recommended. I will do this like an interval session, if I can! This will hurt.

In other news, it looks like I will finally receive my new Table Tennis bat. Dandoy Sports in Belgium have agreed to re-issue me my bat, which Yodel managed to lose somehow. I will put the details of that on here at a later date though.

Cheers chummies.

No comments:

Post a Comment