Monday 10 September 2012

I'm baaaack!

Hello my Cherubicly patient, if somewhat misguided followers.

How have you been since I went away, did you miss me?

Ahhh, bless thee, that's nice.

Righty ho then, to business. What have I done since my last blog back in January? Well, aside from getting more injured, not much really. Had to quit the Janathon because of shin splints, Table Tennis season went to shit, the gym went out the window and I have discovered that I have an (slightly) atrophied right arse cheek.
On the plus side, the new TT season starts very soon, though I still need a new bat, I got some very shiny new running shoes - Kinvara 3's for the road and Peregrine's for trail (both Saucony btw) - and ditched the Mizuno's.
Because of various types of rubbishness in the leg dept. I've not been able to race much though I have managed do my first Parkrun - at Abingdon, in which I fetched up the rather unexpected time of 21:39. I'm waiting until I'm considerably fitter before I go back for my second go as I want to get that time below 21 mins.
I have also managed to take part in the Toad Hall 10k in Pangbourne. This was nasty but excellent. Nasty because I had in nooo way trained for it and it was far hillier than I had expected, as a consequence I WALKED some of it - I hate walking in a running race. I don't hate other people for doing it you understand, I hate it when I walk, it gives me a massive feeling of weakness and makes me feel like I have failed. I realise there is nothing wrong what so ever with walking during a race, it's just a personal thing. Anyway, I managed to drag my sorry carcass round in 51:16 (just had to look it up!) which thinking about it wasn't that bad considering my 10k pb is 45:47 & that was set at the pan-flat Oxford Town & Gown last year. Still, I know what to expect and fully aim to go sub 45 at Toad Hall next year, sounds a bit rubbish don't it but when you consider going sub 45 this year would've got a top 12 position, that might give you some idea how hard this course is. I having that next year!

I'm still undecided as to whether I want to take part in this year's X-country season, it starts in November so I suppose I should make my mind up quick sticks. Must speak to my management team (the wife and kids!) and see what happens. I think I should do.

That'll do me for today I think. I will return hence when I get the chance. Until then, tinkety tonk.

No comments:

Post a Comment