Sunday 1 January 2012

Hi ho hi ho, it's on a thon we go.

It's here b's n g's, the Olympic Janathon, and I'm buggered if I'm going to let this effer beat me this time round.
Firstly, happy new year to you one and each, I hope you all have a spankingly good year, with only the mearest hint of misery tucked in there at some point. Come on, you know it will happen!

Bugger it, I've drawn a blank!..........................

I would just bang on about my run but that would be boring as it was raining and only 10k into Didders and back. I am happy with my knee though, only the slightest touch of hurty right at the start which had worn off before the 1st km was in the watch, so that was very welcome and really rather spiffing.

I did carry out a little experiment on the internal GPS thingies in phones. I took both my new Samsung Galaxy S2 and my old skanky iPhone 3G just to see how much more accurate the GPS was now. The answer? - Really quite considerably. Both phones were using Runkeeper (the same account) with both the same settings with the only difference being I was listening to Alan Partridge (yes, again!) through the S2 and I had an audio cue telling me when I went through each km. This was done by the way so I knew what my splits were as for some random reason, this feature is not yet available in RK for Android. The route I took was, I knew, 10k so I was keen to see the difference. S2 won hands down!
I would love to give you the result of the 3G GPS but I retardedly deleted the thing before I realised I would want to put the results in here.

I was also going to were my cheapy HRM which I had (yes, had) yet to use properly, but as I was laying still trying to get my HR down to resting rate before the run, which I needed to do so it could work out my fitness level, the stupid thing would go from 49 bpm (just above proper RHR) to 130. This I knew to be twaddle. Guess where my cheapy HRM went? Yup, Dusty Bin got some techy lunch.
I kept the watch though just because its quite comfy to wear, and err, it's a watch and I like watches.
I want to get a shiny new HRM/GPS watch, and I know which one too. Anyone got £400 spare?

That's enough blather from me today. Fear not my dears, I shall return on the morrow.
Well done to all the Janathoners that made it out today. Here's to hopefully seeing you all at Hyde Park in Feb.

Chin chin.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, HRMs seem to be very popular this Janathon, I'm feeling a bit left out. Very pleased to see you focussing on the important bit of Janathon - the beer and pizza at the end...See you at the end!

    ReplyDelete