Monday 2 January 2012

Janathon 2: The Return of the Icy Bastard

Yes, it’s back well and truly now, although it’s not yet especially icy in the Oxfordshire area. I can smell it in the air mind, it’s not far away by gum, oh good golly gosh no. Spikes are at the ready, all tucked away in my “running” drawer ready to leap to my rescue at the slightest hint of the slippy stuff. I say slightest hint, I’ll probably wait till it’s snowed before I put them on.

It being a bank hol today I had to work, and getting paid to sit on one’s chuff doing as little as possible is always a good incentive. It did however mean that I had to miss the shinier part of the day in which it would have been ideal to run in. Still, as I do 12 hour shifts, shiny parts of days are usually seen and felt through glazing and brickwork. Very boo indeed. I am usually relegated to running in the dark, especially when it comes to the winter months so it’s a damn good job I like running in the dark, except for on-coming traffic though, that can just about go and do one, stupid drivers and their obsession with turning everything into daylight and blinding all living creatures.

So anyway, to the run.
I was going to fanny out and just run the 6+ km from work to home but perversely, as the weather worsened throughout the day I found myself wanting to hit another 10k burn up for day 2. Seriously, the more the wind picked up and the colder it got, the more I wanted to do it, then it rained too. RAAAAHHHHHH! 10k loop it is then. Only semi-hardcore though, must be old age kicking in! Snigger fnarr fnarr.

Not as quick as yesterday but then the legs were a bit on the tight side, but I’m hoping that as long as I don’t crip myself again like I did in the Juneathon, by running too far too soon, I should be able to run through whimpy aches and hurty types.
It was a pleasant enough run though, and nice to listen to choonz again for a change rather than an audio book. May do the same route but in reverse tomorrow morning for day 3. Check back here to find out.

Laters, innit.

1 comment:

  1. love those runs; I've had times when I've shaken my fist at the skies all Braveheart style. Do you worst!

    ReplyDelete