Tuesday 3 January 2012

Janathon Day 3 - The Windy Effer!

What? It was bloody windy, but luckily because of my route this morning - it's basically a rough "V" shape - it was only in my face in the 2nd half, which I think you will all agree, is the worst half of a run to have a head-wind. 1st half was lovely, not sure mysplits will show it though. I shall have a shufftee later, you can to if you like, just click here.
I was surprised by my average pace though, once I'd got to work. It was 5 mins/km. Iwas surprised because it was faster than last nights 10k run home though it felt a plop sight slower. I guess this is a good thing and that my running legs are coming back tome, which is jolly good news as I fully intend to train for a sub 40 min 10k in an attemptto hit sub 50 mins for Wantage Tri's run stage of 12k.
My goal btw for Wantage Tri is not just to finish, but to finish well - top 20 would be magic, & the only person who can help me do that is me.

Next planned run is tomorrow evening so i have a good few hours to recover. I do havea gym session planned for tomorrow morning which will mainly consist of a core, arms& shoulder workout. Legs, & in particular, squats, can wait till after Janathon as I think they are affecting my knee along with the cycling.

Anyway, that's enough spout from me. By reading this you're making an excuse for yourself not to get out and exercise, get out there dammit, its only a bit of wind and rain.

Cheery-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment