Sunday 4 January 2015

39 years & 1 week

Yep, 1 week into my 39th year of existence outside of the womb. Don't feel any different to last year really, except possibly less grumpy which is always nice. 
Quite a pleasant day really, nice sort-of lie in. I say sort of as we were woken by the cat yaffing up on the window sill - at least it wasn't the bed this time - before Number 2 Orc child came in at 6:20. Not particularly unbroken sleep but wifey woman got up and done whatev's before I eventually crawled out around 9:40!! So much for the early morning Janathon effort. Still nice though. 

Wifey toddled off to church to leave me at home with the Orcs playing various electronic wizardry, 1 on a Kindle Fire, t'other on the Xbox. I sodded off into the kitchen to do the washing up before getting outside and disposing of a previous Xmas tree. 
This was the one we got for 2013 Xmas btw. We bought a real one in a pot with roots and all that gumf in the hope that we could keep it outside all year round, but alas it died. Don't really know why, and we weren't sure it was dead until all the needles had turned brown. 
So it was time for it to go in the brown bin. 
We bought another real one for 2014 Xmas, which is now outside, but we don't know if it will last. Still cheaper than buying a good fake tree though. 

Wife returned from church only to go back out a short while later taking the Orcs with her to grab a spot of shopping leaving me alone to enjoy the p & q while downloading the demo for Destiny. 😁

Once they had returned I was able get the Janathon effort in. Because I had been watching the Edinburgh Tattoo on the tele, I decided I HAD to have the Cold Stream Guards album on my iPhone to listen to, so loaded it up and buggered off out.
It was a nice foggy 10k up to RAL - turned round at 5k - and the music was lovely. Was planning on sticking to the same pace for the whole run but as I turned to head back, 633 Squadron came on in my ears and I defy ANYONE to not run faster when they hear that, followed by Ride of the Valkyries, well, same pace run can bugger right off. 
Whole run in the end was 50 mins and some seconds with the 1st half done in around 27 mins. 
Nice to get the first double figure run in. Will poss do 1 more in the first full week before upping the distance on all runs. 
Cheers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment