Monday 5 January 2015

The Normalness Returns

Xmas is now well and truly done with at last, decs and lights have been put away, trees have been re-planted, re-boxed or just binned and as with the start of every new year, there are loads of people buying cheap running clobber and getting out on the pavements/trails for the first time in years, including the Wife type. Good luck to you all I say, please stick at it, you will love it eventually. 
I enjoyed this Xmas, mainly because it was the first one I've had where I've been off work on both Xmas eve and Xmas Day since probably before we had the boys. Also it was the first one ever we've had where it was just the 4 of us, at home, all of Xmas day with no visiting members of family, which was splendid. 
But my favourite bit - outside on Xmas eve at 5:30 in the evening looking up at the sky looking for "Santa". 

I knew it was the ISS, wifey new it was the ISS, but the kids didn't. They ARE convinced it was Santa, and seeing their faces and hearing the utter conviction in their voices that it was actually Santa was just magic, and I'm not ashamed to admit that for a little while, I hoped it was too. That would be awesome wouldn't it?
So for now the kids still believe in the big fella, and that can't be a bad thing. I hope it lasts for another few years yet. 

Had a boring sort of recovery run into work this morning, just the short 5.4k plod. Probs be doing the same tomo morning as I have a TT match tonigh - 1st of the new year and against the only team to have beaten us so far this season. I'll let you know more in tomorrow's blog. 
Cheers for the noo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment