Friday 7 June 2013

The Inferiority of Man.

Don't go reading this if you're expecting some sort of deep meaningful insight into anything, I'm talking about my own inferiority. I just thought a catchy title would be good.
I am also incredibly tired at the mo so I won't be dragging this out too long.

Last night, I returned home from my usual boring day at work, which contained the day's Juneathon effort by way of bi-pedal motion carried forth at a greater velocity than that of the brisk ambulation on the way to the above mentioned "work", so I hope that's all clear.

The day was livened massively with the aid of one of the cats.
I was informed by mrs Ninjabread that one of the cats (prob. Marlin) had brought in a bird earlier in the day. Despite there being a few feathers on the floor, there was no sign of the birdie.
A tiny tickle later, Marlin jumped onto the arm of the sofa and was sniffing and peering down the little gap between the sofa and the wall, there then followed some sort of strange squelching noise coming from behind the sofa along with a fluttering sound. The bird was still alive and kicking.
At this point, wifey did scuttlings out of the room - she does not like little birdies, or even big ones - taking Marlin with her. This was a mistake.
I hoofed the couch away from the wall, and behold, there stoodst' a wee feather-ed beastie - a Sparrow I think - staring up at me. There then followed poss. 20 mins of me flapping, chasing and swearing at this little winged git around the living room, out from behind cupboards and underneath dining chairs, with no luck.
It was at this point that I realised how rubbish Humans, especially this one, are compared to wild animals.
It dawned on me that I was unable to catch a small bird with only one wing and probably a broken leg too! It couldn't fly properly, just flap it's way out of trouble, all it could really do was hop. They move surprisingly fast when they have to.
It was at this point I opened the door and decided to let the cats back in to finish the blighter off, it had squeezed itself under the couch this time and hid in there. 2 of the cats (Marlin and Nemo) went straight under there too, I was holding it up in case you were wondering, to try and fetch it out.
Bloody cats! Useless. Not a thing. I propped the sofa up on my bike helmet so that the cats could go in and out whenever they liked, in the hope that one of them would catch the bird and take it back outside, but nooo. It was still alive and hopping around earlier today and will require more attemps to catch it later.

There is no moral (or even point, that I can see), all there is is the fact that people are shit and wild animals rock, even the piddlingly small one's that seem pointless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment