Sunday 5 June 2011

Hydration? Pah to hydration I say.

Yes yes I do! Well, I have done for the last 5 days of running anyway.
Don't quite know how I've managed it but I have taken on no fluid at all during any of my Juneathons so far, I have just simply not felt like it at all, even on day 2 when it was red hot, and that was also the feeling today. I don't know why but I think this is a good thing.

To the run.
I had sort of planned today's run but I had no accurate idea of the distance it would cover, I guessed at around 15 miles, and I wasn't far out. If you want to see the map and stats - click me now. I am aware this is the first time I've linked a run on my blog so far this month, this is because this is the first time I've blogged on the computer.
The run itself started out as my previous 10 mile efforts, and I have to say, at the 10 mile mark I was considering cutting it short and going straight home from there. I don't want to be that wussy quitter boy that I was at school anymore so the increasingly soggy man suit was zipped up to the neck and I just got on with it.
Running along the bypass was incredibly boring, and not a little noisy due to the traffic, but I hadn't run along here before so I didn't mind too much, plus, I was accompanied by Matthew Syed's Bounce accompanying me today.
The main reason for choosing this particular route was the hill over the last few miles. Looking at the stats it turns out that it's a 200(ish) climb over the last 3 miles. Click the link if you haven't already, the altitude and pacing charts are towards the bottom of the page.
There was a massive highlight for me, as I was climbing the hill I saw a Kestrel (I think) flying alongside me with some grub in its claws. It stopped on a post just a little ahead of me and started scoffing. Just as I caught up to it, it flew off to the next post, and so on until it had eaten all it's food. It then flew up, hovered just above me for a few seconds, squawked, and flew off to look for some more grub. MAGIC!! I seriously love birds of prey.


Well, that's enough from me. Hopefully the legs will have recovered enough for me to do a nice short run home from work tomorrow night.

Run distance 16.63 miles
Run time 2:26:00
Weather Wet and windy but quite warm to start with.


See you tomorrow night m'ducks.

1 comment:

  1. WOW, how cool was that. I saw a green woodpecker on my run this morning and thought that was pretty good! I bet you wish you'd had a camera! Great distance! Well done

    ReplyDelete