Friday 3 June 2011

The idleness of a Juneathoner.

Not all Juneathoners I might add, just me!

I was hoping to put a few more miles in this morning to make up for me chickening out of doing 2 or 3 extra last night, but my lazy head woke up on my neck this morning rather than my running head. This lazy head of mine is a bit of a git when it comes to alarms going off and me getting my sweaty carcas out of bed. And so it proved this morning. Snooze button followed by snooze button followed by alarm reset followed by the turning off of the alarm and falling back asleep all resulted in me not getting up till 6:10. SHITTER!
I'm supposed to start at 7 by the way in case you didn't know, and I live just over 3.5 miles away from work. I don't drive, bus had already gone and my bike was at work. The only mode of transport I had was my shiny shiny Mizuno Wave Prophecy's. As spankingly wondrous as they are they ain't going to get me to work on time, once I'd sorted myself out and abluted appropriately of course.
Again, this was proved to be the case. I left home at 6:40 knowing I was going to be late and had told the night officer this.
I didn't feel to bad at the start, just a wee bit tight from the previous 2 days of running, one is not used to running 20 miles in 2 days, but I soon realised the tightness was not going to shift for anything and let it just keep me struggling.
Anyway, got to work at 7:10, so not to bad, but I did feel a bit mean as Sarwar had turned up at 6 the previous evening. He didn't seem to bothered about it though, which is just as well really.
Day 3 distance - 3.7 miles
Day 3 time - 30:25

Not sure what I'm doing about tomorrows effort yet - it's all a big surprise, even to me.

See you all again on the morrow m'ducks.

No comments:

Post a Comment