Saturday 4 June 2011

Up at dawns crack!

No I wasn't being unfaithful, and I suppose it wasn't really THAT early, but 5:15 on a weekend is early enough to warrant being called stupid o'clock.
As it was, it was the only chance I would get to log number 4/30 seeing as I would be stuck at work till possibly 10pm!

So, offski I trotted out the flat at just 10 mins after slithering from the pit in which wifey was still a-kip along with a still quite poorly #brucethecat.
I didn't bother plugging in to any book or choonz this morning as I prefer to hear the birdies and other wildlife that is abound at that time in the morning when the traffic is minimal.
I chuckled watching the Housemartins fly around and screeching at each other, mainly the screeching though, as they tend to do it either sitting in their little nests or in the drainpipes. "But why the mirth?" I hear you enquire. Well it is mainly because they are proper noisy little bastards when they get going (as I'm sure some of you know) and people don't like that noise at 5 in the morning, especially people who live in top floor flats! I'm a grumpy sod, who lives in a ground floor flat, and I don't like many, if at all any, of our neighbours, so HARR HARR HARR TO YOU and huzzy to the housemartins.

That was the highlight of my run really, apart from the run itself of course. Bagged myself a
Nice little 6 miler in a touch over 50 mins. I was surprisingly tired after this run and I found it quite difficult to comprehend that I could happily take 5 mins off that time if I went for it. But there we go, Juneathon 4 jogged, logged and now blogged. This takes my total so far to 30 miles. Tomorrow I have a route planned which is looking to be around the 15 mile mark, this will be my longest run ever and I can't wait to give it a go, it's all to help my marathon prep. Think I may have to do a wee bit of housework and that type of thing first though so it's looking like it might be an afternoon jobby, so nice and toasty.

See y'all on Monday eve.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you've racked up so much mileage already - nuts!

    ReplyDelete