Monday 6 June 2011

Legs.........getting.........tired!.........

Bah.
Thought it would take a little longer for tiredness to kick me in the leggies, but then I wasn't expecting to have covered this amount of milage already. By this time in Janathon I had only covered 17.4 miles, shyit.. I almost done that yesterday alone! I will put a lot of that down to the weather we had in Jan though.

Today's run was always just going to be a short recovery run no matter what. Turned out nice though in an OCD type way. Although I'd forgotten my running pants (they're like base layer style compression pants), my running shorts (which are in fact Killerspin TT shorts) AND probably most important of all, my contact lenses, I couldn't let any of that put me off Juneathoning today, noooo way. So, kitted out in my crappy old very well worn adidas 3/4 shorts with my normal pants on (underneath obviously - I aint Superman y'know!), and my extremely non-running designed Animal glasses perched on my beak, off I set from work - vveeerryyyy ssslllooowwwlllllyyyyy indeed. Couldn't go fast, legs wouldn't let me. The glasses lasted all of 15 seconds on my face before they got stuffed in my pocket. Couldn't cope with them bouncing up and down on my face so I decided to chance it and run blind.                                                          
I couldn't tell you if there was anything interesting to see on the run, mainly because I couldn't see, I think you can rest assured I didn't miss anything.
                      
Anyway, like I say, it was a short rec run home from work, only 3.59 miles. The OCD thing I mentioned, well, that pissy little 3.59 miles took my Juneathon total so far to EXACTLY 50 miles. I like that. If I can hit the 100 mile mark by the 15th, I will probably wet myself with happy.

Run distance 3.59 miles
Run time 32:34

P.S. Please forgive any spelling mistakes, spell check seems to have fucked off somewhere, which annoys me. And I can't be arsed to read through and check my own spelling. Ta.

No comments:

Post a Comment