Wednesday 1 June 2011

On the 1st day of Juneathon, my true love said to me........

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...........

Yep, it's true, she did. Well, it was 5 in the am when I got out of bed! Don't blame her really, and she did have George to snuggle up to.
I should point out here that George is our 2 1/2 year old son, not a random gimp we keep strapped to the bed at all times.

Hey ho, the 'bi-yearly challenge of seeing which of us can injure ourselves first through excessive amounts of running' is upon us all again, and I was still undecided as to how far I would run on this first day.
As whichever route I took started the same, there were 3 points at which I could chicken out and take a shorter one.
Firstly, into Didcot - shall I turn left at the bookshop, thereby taking the shortest route possible? Nah, sod that. That would mean me getting to work at 6am, so I carried on.
Secondly, round behind the power station - shall I go straight on thereby touching just over 6 miles and getting to work at a sensible 6:30am? Nah, knickers, done 6 miles a couple of weeks ago, I'mah keep going!
Third and lastly - into Sutton Courtenay - shall I turn left at the roundabout instead of right and waste the chance of hitting a poss 10 miler? Nah, come on Stu, HARDCORE RAAAAAHHHH!

So I turned right at that tiny wee roundabout, scuttled my way along Milton Road, through Milton Park Trading Estate and along the Power Station road before turning left at the lights and into work.....5 mins late! Ha ha, don't care.
Total distance 10.01 miles (according to RunKeeper) RESULT!
Total time - an ok 1:28:07, but then I wasn't racing, just bimbling.

It was beautiful weather this morning when I set out, and I only wish it will carry on for the whole of June, doubt it though. Let us see what tomorrow brings in the way of running based activity. I'm at the gym in the morning so it all really depends on the state of my increasingly achey legs as to the distance I will be covering, unfortunately, you won't know till I do!
Don't forget to click the link that appears on fb or twitter, it'll be around 7pm.

Toodle pip m'dears.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha I LOVE your blog name! You'll have to check out a post I did from Christmas I think you might like it! http://kirsty815.wordpress.com/2010/12/17/it-aint-gingerbread-its-ninja-bread/
    Well I'm a beginner so I'm completely intimidated by you! lol Sounds like your Juneathon is off to a fabulous start! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kirsty. I like my new name too, it's better than the one I had for Janathon anyway, damn thing took too long to say let alone type!
    I loved your little ninjabread men, they are properly awesome, if I could bake, I would bake them puppies right there!
    And RAAAHHH! HARDCORE!! :-). We're all beginners matey, we begin when we start something, then we begin the long process of getting better. :-)

    ReplyDelete