Sunday 3 January 2016

Daylight!

So today was the first time in ages that I have actually been able to run in the daytime. Fair enough, it was windy, raining and bloody miserable but I enjoy running in the rain, the wind however, not so much.
It was only a 2.6 mile run into town to pick up a new set of contact lenses I'm trying out, but still a nice biff outside in the fresh air, with a game of dodge the puddles on the way. No doubt my groins will feel it tomorrow morning, it was jolly fun though. Even shoved a spot of drum n bass in my ears, though that could've been a bit of a mistake - went off a bit harder than I'm used too and nailed a sub 8 min mile followed by a sub 7.30 one. Lungs and legs weren't too chuffed with that.

https://www.strava.com/activities/461916610

So, now I'm in Didders with a shiny new set of eyes in my head, the difference it makes is wonderful compared even to older worn contacts, let alone dirty heavy glasses that are covered in rain and slipping down a chaps hooter. Quick stroll into Dyas to fetch away some batteries for my head torch and I was off back home. Got some odd looks in town. Can't think why, I was wearing shorts and a spiderman vest. Props should stick to wearing something a touch looser next time, at least until I've burnt the gut off a bit so there's not so much overhang. Looking forward to wearing my Batman top when it arrives though :-).
For the run home I went for Five Finger Death Punch in my ears. Give it a go if you like a spot of the heavy stuff. Slightly slower trip home, not by much though!

https://www.strava.com/activities/461957245

Back to the boring work run tomorrow evening, still a few hours for my legs to recover.
Cheers each. See you tomo.

No comments:

Post a Comment