Monday 11 January 2016

Going well so far....

Probs just put a massive kiss of death on my Janathon effort this year by typing that. Ah well. 
No I've not run yet, that'll be tonight and be a little bit longer than usual, I should think just a tickle over 4 miles. Have to go and pick up the kids from a chums house while the mrs is off out pilating. The challenge after getting them home is then getting the little bleeders into bed and a-kip at a reasonable hour. But the promise of a cuddle and a Mr Man book usually does the trick for the youngest. 

Since the start of this Janathon jobby this year, I've been trying to eat a bit healthier - not lots, just a bit better. I was going to try and keep an eye on my weight as a lot of training apps require you to put your weight in, especially if you're tracking calorific burn, it helps with the calculations apparently. 
Well I can't. My scales are knackered. So much for the wonders of the digital age. 2 sets of scales I've gone through in the last few years now. Think I might resort to getting a set of the old spinny dial type scales next time, they last a damn sight longer, or at least they used to anyway. 
So instead of weighing myself, I'm going to use a very basic means of tracking my fat loss - when my running trousers waist band no longer rolls down under my gut over-hang, I'll be happy. 

One other thing. I'm hoping to get an email tomorrow that will make me "squee" a little bit. I'll let you know tomo. 

Cheers ears. 

Edit:
As promised, today's run. Not as far as I thought it would be. Nice and slow though, 9+ mins/mile. 





No comments:

Post a Comment